October 5, 2010

This little piggy...



Was delicious! If you're a vegetarian, you should probably stop reading now! But seriously, a group of us went to Roast (Iron Chef, Michael Symon's restaurant) on Saturday during Detroit Restaurant Week and it was mmmmm good. I thoroughly enjoy restaurant week. Various cities host restaurant week where select restaurants offer a three course meal for a set price. I had mushroom soup, beast of the day (suckling pig pictured above--and on a pig plate no less!) and a chocolate trifle. Alli and I also split the fried brussels sprouts which were surprisingly mouth wateringly delicious. Thanks to the rest of the group I was able to sample the rosemary fries, mac & cheese and the spinach & feta au gratin.

I know that some folks were a little turned off by the pig that was seen roasting on the spit in the kitchen, but I guess its just a matter of what you grew up with. I'm use to walking in to a party with a roasted pig sitting on the table, with an apple it in its mouth. A bit graphic I know, but it's a traditional filipino dish -- lechon!

Needless to say, I was a piggy myself this weekend. I need to eat lettuce for a week to try and balance things out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment